Nightingale Hospital

Constructed in 1930 as the hospital and Named after Florence Nightingale, British hospital reformer and founder of the nursing profession, famed for her work in the Crimean war. The building housed two four-bed wards (one for boys, one for girls) an outpatients area and Nursing Sister’s quarters. The Victoria League donated the beds and other furnishings. After being quite run-down for many years Nightingale was in 2006 – 2007 renovated and re-fitted.